Monday 31 August 2015

The trip to the ship...

Our trip to the ship started at 6:30 this morning! Before we left the Mercy Ship coordinators warned us that the bus ride was going to be very curvy and slightly bumpy so there was a chance that we could get car sick! Me...being the dumb person I am...thought that there was no way that it could be that bad so I didn't bother taking gravol! (btw this car ride is 8hrs minimum) It turns out that it is indeed VERY curvy and by this I that every minute there is an 180 degree turns with a thousand little ones in between! Thankfully I didn't get sick unlike some of the other passengers! Though I did change my mind about the gravol half way though after I started to feel a little qwezzy! But I'm here at the ship now safe and sound! :)
 Our ride to the ship!
A rode side vendor in Tana
Their very eclectic taxis
 Rice Patties
Palm Tree Grove

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you've arrived safely at the ship. That windy road sounds nauseating! I'm looking forward to hearing about your first impressions of life on board the mercy ship! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Emma! Sounds like my kinda trip, NOT! :) Have you done any work in the kitchen yet, or is it still orientation time? Love seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just completed my first days of work and they were surprisingly great!

      Delete