Monday 7 September 2015

My first week on the ship

My first week on the ship went surprisingly well! I had a bunch of orientation classes the first full day I was aboard!
 First day at work in the galley


 The Galley
 Then two friends and I decided to go on an over night trip to Mahambo! To get there we choose to take the common mode of transportation in Madagascar. The Bus. These buses are like large vans that fit about 14-15 people! It turns out that they can actually hold 29 people and a chicken! So the drive there and back was rather interesting to say the least! 
 Early morning sunrise
 A Lemur
 Where we stayed


The beaches...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Em!
    Wow, what amazing natural beauty! Nice to read another update from you.
    Lots of love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE a peaceful, full night's sleep in a hut like that!
    Love all your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have to say that getting there is an adventure but once you're there everything is so peaceful! At one point during the night the villages power gets off so everything is completely dark out and then to look up and see the stars is absolutely amazing! I wished I would've had a camera that could capture that because it was gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow!!! So happy you can experience that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures Emma, and it sounds like you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete